What Makes You Happy
Session 6: Peace with God
Happy people are at peace with God, themselves, and others. The three are connected . . . and they begin with God. Peace with God paves the way to peace with ourselves and equips us to make peace with others. But how do we find peace with God?
1. What comes to mind when you hear the word “sin”? To what extent do you think that word is relevant to your daily life?
2. What are some reasons people assume they can’t find peace with God? Why do you think people carry around these false assumptions?
3. Does peace with God through Jesus Christ sound too easy? Why or why not?
4. What does this verse say about how God values you and other people? In what ways does it challenge your assumptions about what it means to have a relationship with God?
5. Is it difficult for you to believe that peace with God is possible? Why or why not?
6. What stands in the way of your peace with God? What is one thing you can do this week to begin to surrender that area of your life? What can this group do to support you?
Peace with God is possible because God has made peace with you. Your heavenly Father is looking for you whether or not you are looking for him. Why refuse God’s offer of peace?
Your Next Step may be to experience the peace God is offering by you stop resisting and striving, and begin to surrender. Peace with God begins by placing your faith in Christ.
We can lose our peace with God when we take back control of our lives and attempt to walk in our own strength. Your Next Step may be to regain peace with God by surrendering the control of your life back to Christ.
CHANGING YOUR MIND
Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God.