FROM THIS DAY FORWARD
Session 4 Stay Pure
* What are the 5 commitments we are making to invest in our marriage?
- Seek God
- Fight Fair
- Have Fun
- Stay Pure
- Never Give Up
Read Hebrews 13:4
* 75% of marriages suffer the damage of adultery or a porn addiction or having an emotional affair online.
* What were some of the reason given in the message that impurity has increased?
* How has the internet impacted temptation?
* How can social media turn from harmless to harmful for your marriage?
* Why is it important that our spouses have the passwords to our electronic devices and online accounts?
* What advice would you give other couples to avoid the abundance of temptations today?
* How has people waiting to get married longer impacted purity?
* Per Hebrews 13:4 how is the marriage bed and marriage in general undermined by couples pretending to be married?
Read 2 Corinthians 5:17
* How does this scripture give us hope no matter what our past has been?
Read Ephesians 5:3
* Outward Impurity is our behavior.
* How does the world find its definition of sexual immorality? What or who do we allow to define sexual immorality as believers?
* What does how we might dress be sexually impure?
* What are some boundaries or plans that a person may set in place to help block impurity from taint their marriage?
* Is impurity an outward behavior alone?
* How does inward impurity lead to outward impurity?
* What are practical steps theses scriptures give us to avoid inward impurity and out ward impurity?
* How does our heart play into our actions?
Read 2 Corinthians 7:10
* When our response to impurity is, defensive what does that say about the heart?
* Why is remorse an unhealthy response to impurity?
* Why is repentance the only healthy response to impurity?
* How does asking the question “Is it worth it?” a healthy way to keep our purity?
* Perhaps your online habits be it websites, social media or chatrooms have led to impurity becoming part of your marriage. Your Next Step is to confess to your spouse and share your passwords to keep accountability and begin to work through the process of healing with him or her. Find believers of the same sex to hold you accountable. Or forgive your spouse and allow God to heal your marriage. Remember he is a God of healing and redemption.