Christmas at the Movies
• We are going to begin this week a little different playing charades. Break into groups of guys and girls. Choose your favorite Christmas movie and choose one of your group to act out the movie using only actions. (Play two rounds per team.)
• What is some of your families weirdest Christmas traditions?
• What is the worse food that ends up on the table for Christmas for dinner? You know that one thing that no one ever eats but is always there.
• What makes the holidays superfluous for you?
• What actions determine a Grinch to you?
• How are these actions a cover for past hurts?
Read Hebrews 12:15
See to it that no one misses the grace of God and that no bitter root grows up to cause trouble and defile many.
• How does the bitterness of the past take root in our lives?
Read Ephesians 4:32
Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.
• Why would you continue to allow that “someone” from your past continue to “hurt” and “control” your emotions today?
• Are you “harboring” unforgiveness?
• Someone that you haven’t totally forgiven from the past?
Bear with each other and forgive whatever grievances you may have against one another. Forgive as the Lord forgave you.
• What actions and attitude can we show to those Grinch’s in our lives?
I Peter 4:8
And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.”
The Grinch experienced a changed heart.
• He was “won-over” by the love and compassion of 1 little girl.
• People in our world will be “won-over” by them experiencing the love and compassion that we have for them.
• Each one of us know from our heart that Christmas is NOT Stuff, - it’s not what we have under the tree, it’s what we have in our hearts.
• How has Christ changed your heart?
• Have you experience the Joy Jesus can give? If not your next step is to receive the gift of salvation that God gave to us by sending his son. That’s the reason we have Christmas.
• Have you allowed the past to dictate your attitude of the present? Your next Step is to live in today and learn from the past. Forgive those who hurt you and remember the joy Jesus gives.
• Is there a Grinch in your world? Your next step is to show them the love , grace and forgiveness Christ has shown you.