SESSION 3 - LOOKING OUT, Part 2
Getting Started: Find a conversation starter for your group.
* How did last week’s sermon impact your outlook this week on others around you? Did you find any “new” neighbors?
Read Proverbs 29:25 - The fear of man brings a snare, But whoever trusts in the Lord shall be safe.
* This week we discussed enemies of generosity. (Greed, selfishness, misspending, fear.)
* What is your most difficulty enemy? How are you working to overcome that enemy?
* Is there an enemy that you have overcome that you can share with others to help them?
* What are some things we can do in our finances to create a margin to allow us to be more generous?
* What are the three levels of generosity that were discussed in the sermon?
Read Proverbs 3:9-10 - Honor the LORD with your possessions, And with the first fruits of all your increase; So your barns will be filled with plenty, And your vats will overflow with new wine.
* Is the tithe important? Why? Why not?
* Why is wiser to tithe on the gross rather than the net?
* What is the difference between the tithe and an offering?
Read John 12:3 - Then Mary took a pound of very costly oil of spikenard, anointed the feet of Jesus, and wiped His feet with her hair. And the house was filled with the fragrance of the oil.
* How is this woman’s offering reflect and extravagant gift?
* Is an extravagant gift determined by the amount given or the sacrifice?
Read Matthew 18:19-20 - Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, 20 teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.”
* How does our generosity help in reaching others for Christ?
* How does our generosity help accomplish the vision of the Fort Worth campus?
* What excites you most about the Fort Worth Campus?
* What does “one church two locations” really mean to you?
What’s Your Next Step
What is keeping you from being generous? Greed? Selfishness? Misspending? Fear? Your next step is to attack whatever enemy you are facing to allow you so you can experience the blessed life of being generous.
What is you level of generosity? If you are not tithing your Next Step is to start there asking God to show you His unlimited resources. If you tithe regularly take your next step in giving above the tithe to allow God to show you more of his unlimited resources.
We will ask everyone to sacrifice to help make the vision of the new campus happen. Your Next step is to pray as to how generous God is calling you to be in funding that vision. We want you give in obedience not out of guilt or haphazardly but according to what God is leading you to do.