Session 4 Looking up
- How has this series challenged you personally? Have you gained any new principles, ideas or lifestyle changes?
Read Luke 14:16-24 - Then He said to him, “A certain man gave a great supper and invited many, 17 and sent his servant at supper time to say to those who were invited, ‘Come, for all things are now ready.’ 18 But they all with one accord began to make excuses. The first said to him, ‘I have bought a piece of ground, and I must go and see it. I ask you to have me excused.’ [Real Estate – Houses] 19 And another said, ‘I have bought five yoke of oxen, and I am going to test them. [Work – Stuff] I ask you to have me excused.’ 20 Still another said, ‘I have married a wife, and therefore I cannot come.’ [Family]21 So that servant came and reported these things to his master. Then the master of the house, being angry, said to his servant, ‘Go out quickly into the streets and lanes of the city, and bring in here the poor and the maimed and the lame and the blind.’ 22 And the servant said, ‘Master, it is done as you commanded, and still there is room.’ 23 Then the master said to the servant, ‘Go out into the highways and hedges, and compel them to come in, that my house may be filled. 24 For I say to you that none of those men who were invited shall taste my supper.’
- According to the Sermon what are the 3 types of people that attend The Fountains? (Searchers, Spectators and Servers)
- Why did you come to The Fountains?
- Why do you think some people are Spectators?
- Why is it important that Owners serve faithfully at The Fountains?
- Can you recite the Fountains Vision Statement? (To lead people, step by step, into a growing relationship with Jesus Christ.)
Read 1 Corinthians 9:22-23 - To the weak I became as weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all men, that I might by all means save some. 23 Now this I do for the gospel’s sake, that I may be partaker of it with you.
- How difficult is change for you? What makes it difficult?
- Why is it important, as a church, not to hold on to traditions to tight?
- Is there a tradition you miss, perhaps even from another church you attended?
- Why are you willing to sacrifice that tradition?
- How can change be good?
1 Corinthians 3:8 - The one who plants and the one who waters work together with the same purpose. And both will be rewarded for their own hard work. NLT
- How is giving financially, planting seeds?
- How else do we plant seeds?
- Who planted seed in your life to help you become who you are?
What’s Your Next Step?
- What category of attender are you? If you are a searcher, you next Step is to keep searching by attending Life Group, the Foundations Class or Ownership class. If you are a Spectator, it is time to take your Next Step by moving past whatever is holding you back, attend Ownership and start serving in some capacity. Ownership will give you the best guidance on moving to your Next Step. If you are a Server, keep serving and continue to faithfully support the others on your team by building relationships. You can also help your team by recruiting others to serve.
- Are you struggling with change? Your Next Step may be to embrace it. God is moving you to the place he desires to accomplish his purpose.
- Who or what are you investing in? Is there some on in your world that you are making an effort to build a relationship in hope that they will come to know Christ? If your Next Step is to ask God to show you that person and begin to serve love and invest in them. Are you generous? Are you using the material gifts God has given you to bless others? If not embrace the joy of generosity and start seeing your possessions as a avenue to bless others.