I Believe in You
Session 4: The Value of One
Talking through the message during the week helps you turn what God is saying to you into action steps. These talking points, questions and scriptures are designed to help you take the next step. If you are leading a group through this guide, don’t feel like you must answer every question. Pick out those questions that will stir up conversation and action among your group.
- How easy is it for you to believe that you are insignificant in world populated by 1.7billion people?
- How do we allow other people’s perceptions to determine our value?
Read Psalms 139:13-16 and Ephesians 4:10
- What do these verses tell us about God’s value of us and how does he show that?
- Because God has created you a masterpiece and given you a purpose by assigning you “good works” how significant are you to in fulfilling His purpose?
Read 1 Corinthians 12:4-6, 12, 18 & 22
The same God who created the human body with all its many part created his church just as intricately.
- How is every person fulfilling their individual purpose vital to the church fulfilling its purpose?
Read 1 Corinthians 1:8-9; Hebrews 10:24-25
- How do these passages encourages us to embrace our full potential?
- What are some things that distract us in life form our real purpose?
Read Romans 12:2
- How are some ways we can maintain our focus and declutter the unnecessary from our lives to fulfill our true potential?
Here are some specific things you can do this week that will help you embrace your purpose, realize your value to the Church and fulfill your full potential.
- Spend time this week studying the bible on the topic of How God values you. You can use the devotional “experiencing God’s Renewal on your YouVerion Bible App.
- Start serving on the Dream Team on your campus. If you’re not sure where just pick something that peaks your interest and jump in. Try it a few months and if its not where you think you belong pick another place.