Week 2 - Break Free from Damaged Emotions
We ALL have fatigue, failure, frustrations and fears. We all have hidden hurts from our past. We carry wounds, battle scars, emotional garbage. Damaged Emotions imprison us. It’s Bondage…Chains in our mind, our heart and our soul. We become imprisoned by the guilt grief and grudges of life. God wants to take away your emotional garbage. He wants to restore your soul.
· Have you ever restored something? Maybe it was a piece of furniture, a car or maybe it was just a good spring cleaning at your house.
· What is so refreshing about restoring something?
Read Psalms 23:3 & Psalms 38:4&6
· We all need to be restored periodically We get hurt. We get beat up by discouragement, depression, despair. Has there ever been a time you have allowed God to restore you? What did you have to do to allow this to happen.
Read Romans 5:1
· Does God keep a record of our wrongs and rights?
· How does a healthy understanding of what God did on the cross free us from guilt and allow us to ask his forgiveness?
Read Psalms 31:9
· How does grief affect our perspective of the world? How easy is it, during time of grief, to focus on what we don’t have while missing the blessing all around us?
· As a group define a grudge.
· How does holding a grudge effect the other person? Who is harmed more by a grudge you or the other person?
Read Ephesians 4:31-32
· How has forgiveness from Christ blessed your life? How can you bless others with forgiveness?
If you are not sure if you know Jesus today is the day to make that right by asking him to become your shepherd. Your first Step is to pray to receive Christ ask him to forgive your sins and become the Lord of your life so he can strengthen protect and provide for you freeing you from worry.
Whatever is tarnishing your heart allow God to work in it and through it to restore your soul.