THE NEW RULES FOR LOVE, SEX & DATING
Week 2 :: Gentleman’s Club
Are women a commodity? Our culture often expresses that viewpoint. In this week’s message, The speaker reveals the danger of this mindset and challenges men to embrace a biblical view of the women in their lives.
- Who is a woman you would be honored to meet? Why would you want to meet her?
- Do you agree with the speaker’s observation that women are viewed as commodities in our culture? If so, what evidence do you see? Have you seen this cultural belief creep into your own mindset? If so, how?
- Read 1 Peter 3:7. Men are clearly called to treat women with honor. Why do you think this is difficult for many men? Is it difficult for some women to respect themselves or other women? Who do you know that does this right?
- One way that the speaker encouraged us to behave differently is to eliminate certain music from our playlists. What are some other actions you could take as you strive to be more honoring toward women?
- What does the “school of porn” teach men to think about women? Why is erotic imagery so dangerous? If men neglect to deal with their addictions to these images, how will their present and future relationships be impacted?
- Think back to that woman whom you would be honored to meet. How would you act in her presence? What would it look like to treat all women you know with that kind of respect?
Jesus’ call to treat women with esteem and honor can seem old fashioned or counterintuitive. However, if we want our dating and marriage relationships to thrive, it’s a truth we can’t ignore. What is at least one thing you can do this week to honor the women in your life?
CHANGING YOUR MIND
Husbands, in the same way be considerate as you live with your wives, and treat them with respect as the weaker partner and as heirs with you of the gracious gift of life, so that nothing will hinder your prayers.
I Peter 3:7