Following Divine Direction
- What’s one of the craziest or funniest decisions you’ve ever made?
- Have you ever experienced decision fatigue about anything? How did you end up making the decision?
The decisions that we make today determine the stories we tell about our lives tomorrow.
Ask questions to get your group thinking.
God cares about who before do.
Who does God want you to become?
Think about what you’re asking God for. Then, answer these questions: What do I really want, why do I want it, and will this cause me to become more like Christ?
God’s will is for you to be holy ... - 1 Thessalonians 4:3 NLT
- What’s one area of your life where you wish you knew what God wanted you to do?
- Are you more focused on choosing the right do, or becoming the right who?
God's will is why before what.
Read Proverbs 16:2 - You may think everything you do is right, but the LORD judges your motives.
Talk about a time you had the right motives and a time you had the wrong motives
Talk about why you make your decisions. Are you more often aiming to validate yourself or give glory to God? How did you come to your answer?
Your word is a lamp to guide my feet and a light for my path. Psalm 119:105 NLT
Talk about a time you were led by the Spirit of God to do something. How’d you know it was the Holy Spirit? What did you do?
- What decision do you need to make right now that will require significant faith?
- How can you glorify God in your daily tasks?
Start praying. Be bold, and pray with power.
God, we’ve probably been too focused on finding out what You want us to do, only to miss why You want us to do it—and who You want us to become. Will You change our perspective this week and give us the power to see how we can become the person You made us to be? Amen.
Commit to a step and live it out this week. What’s the next step God wants you to take? When will you take it? Who will hold you to it? Write down your next step to become the person God wants you to be. Put it somewhere you look every day.