THIS IS US
Week 3: The Trip – You Can’t Do Life Alone
“Even the Lone Ranger had Tonto.” Watching a Cowboy’s game always seems better with a couple of buddies and some great appetizers. The wins are sweeter and the losses more bearable! High school wouldn’t have been the same without that group of friends, marriage doesn’t work when we can’t tackle life together, and our faith doesn’t grow without being challenged in the company of others’ ideas, perspectives and advice. You are already in a LifeGroup, so you understand this… but let’s take this opportunity to dive deeper!
1. Are you a journey person or a destination person? In other words, would your Instagram be filled with all of the “stops” and “detours” of your trip of would it show one picture with the caption, “We’re finally here!”
2. Read Matthew 22:37-39. Having read this, do you believe it is possible to love God without loving other people well? Why or why not? What does loving other people look like?
3. One of our Core Values is “You Can’t Do Life Alone.” Do you agree with this? Why or why not?
4. The message Sunday said that we are created FROM community, FOR community. What does this mean? (See Genesis 1:26 as a reference)
5. In what ways does Sin shatter Community? What are some ways to go about restoring community where sin has shattered it?
6. Read Matthew 12:46-50. How does Jesus redefine family? Have you “bought in” to this new family? How do you think this impacts your earthly and biological family? Do you love them more or less?
Read Hebrews 10:24-25. Consider the words, “Spur one another on” and “encouraging one another.” I have two challenges for you this week: the first is to state one specific way you plan to “spur on” your LifeGroup family to follow Jesus this week. The second is to write down on a piece of paper or in your phone at least one name of a person you could invite to be a part of your LifeGroup this next week. You don’t have to pressure them, just share how LifeGroup has impacted you!
CHANGING YOUR MIND
And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds… Hebrews 10:24