Live Beyond You
10 years of seeing God at work
God has done a lot through TFF over the last 10 years! He’s healed broken hearts, mended broken families, and provided relationships that will last a lifetime. It’s easy to think and admire all that God has provided, but it’s even more exciting to think about what’s next. God has plans for the future, not to build the biggest church or have the holiest people, but to build churches that are reaching the unchurched and church hurt. When we accept that responsibility and live beyond ourselves, we can rest assured that The Best Is Yet To Come!
1. ICE BREAKER: What was it that brought you to TFF? If you’ve never been to the church what was it that brought you to this life group? Has your life changed at all since beginning to attend?
2. Why is it that the church’s primary focus would be after unchurched and church hurt? Do you feel like your community through the church reflects that?
Luke 15:3-7 So Jesus told them this story: “If a man has a hundred sheep and one of them gets lost, what will he do? Won’t he leave the ninety-nine others in the wilderness and go to search for the one that is lost until he finds it? And when he has found it, he will joyfully carry it home on his shoulders. When he arrives, he will call together his friends and neighbors, saying, ‘Rejoice with me because I have found my lost sheep.’ In the same way, there is more joy in heaven over one lost sinner who repents and returns to God than over ninety-nine others who are righteous and haven’t strayed away!
3. Which sheep in this story would you say you are? The ones that were always around and never strayed or the one that ran away? Is there someone right now that you can think of that fits the sheep that ran away? How can this give you hope about that one person?
4. The main point this week was that God’s view of people is different than our view. How do they differ? How do we look at people? How does God look at those same people? (We look at people as clean/dirty, Rich/poor, Nice/Mean. We see people for their failures, God sees us through His love for us)
5. The speaker said Sunday that we want people to “Belong before they Believe”. What does that look like? Does this approach change the way you’ve always thought of the church? What about those who you might invite to church?
6. What does it look like for the church to live beyond ourselves? What does it look like for us as individuals to live beyond ourselves?
You weren’t created to live for yourself, you were created to live beyond yourself. This means that the only way we can know that the best is yet to come is if we continue to look forward and continue growing in our personal relationship with God. The best way for you to live like Jesus is to serve like Jesus. Inside and outside of the church walls. Maybe the first thing you need to do is commit to attending church on a more consistent basis. Maybe it’s time for you to give your life to Jesus... Become and owner, play on the worship team, start your own life group, be a part of the Burleson Campus launch next year, whatever it is. What is your best next step?
CHANGING YOUR MIND
Luke 15:24 ‘For this son of mine was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’ So they began to celebrate.